I was originally going to make Tuesday night’s dinner with salmon but decided last minute to use Aidell’s Bacon, Mushroom and Swiss Sausage which was a nice twist and treat for us. I found the asparagus and tomato recipe on Pinterest. It was a simple, fresh side that made it feel like spring. You can roast the veggies a bit longer if you don’t like the crispness of the asparagus and you can use fresh Parmesan cheese or finely grated.
One of my tips is the shopping I do at Costco. I always have ground beef, ground turkey, chicken breasts, salmon and a variety of sausages in my freezer. This helps not having to go to the grocery store so often and always having staple items on hand.
- 1lb asparagus
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spray a baking dish, I used a 9x13 inch, lined with foil and cooking spray and set aside.
- Snap the end pieces off the asparagus and place them in the baking dish. Add tomato halves. Season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over asparagus and tomatoes. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until asparagus softens a bit and begins to get brown.
- In the meantime add the balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it reduces and starts to thicken. I also added some extra balsamic directly to the dish and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle some of the balsamic reduction over the roasted asparagus and tomatoes and serve warm.