Predicting the “summer jams” is a seasonal rite of passage, but equally important is determining what drinks will be your jam.
Song: All in the Invasion of Privacy album by Cardi B
Cocktail: The Zing Ting
Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy, the No. 1 album on the charts, pairs perfect with The Zing Ting, which would easily top #1 the Cocktail Chart – if there ever was one. The drinks combination of Gran Añejo Barceló, muddled ginger, lemon juice, apple cider and honey syrup creates a taste as fierce and spicy as the female rapper.
- 1.75 ounces Gran Añejo Barceló
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce apple juice (cider)
- 1 ounce honey syrup (25% water to 75%honey)
- .25 ounces fresh ginger juice (or muddled ginger)
- Shake and strain over ice into rocks glass
- Garnish with lemon zest wrapped around luxardo cherry
Cocktail: Norman’s Revenge
Hold your head high and your glass of Norman’s Revenge higher, as you belt out IDGAF by Dua Lipa – aka, your new breakup anthem. Created by Miami’s No.3 Social, the drink mixes tequila, agave nectar, lime juice and jalapeño for the most requested taste of the summer.
- 2oz Tequila Reposado
- 1oz light agave nectar
- 1oz fresh lime juice
- 3 slices of jalapeño
- Glassware: rocks glass
- Ice: Kold-Draft
- Garnish: jalapeño lime flag, gunpowder salt
- Add ingredients in tin, shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice.
Cocktail: Yellow Tail
Sweet and zesty, Seaspice’s Yellow Tail is the perfect cocktail jam as it has a perennial effect much like the upbeat pop sounds onNicky Jam and J Balvin’s X (Equis), which you will inevitably keep on repeat.
- 1 ½ oz. Pisco 100
- ¾ oz. lime juice
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- 1 oz. passion fruit juice
- Muddle basil and jalapeño in the shaker. Add in all the ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain contents on the rocks and garnish with jalapeño and a basil leaf.
Cocktail: Piscine Mojito
For crisp summer nights, whip up a Piscine Mojito, which infuses Rosé Piscine with elderflower liqueur, lime and mint lives, as you mellow out with the most requested song – Perfect by Ed Sheeran.
- 1 Bottle of Rosé Piscine
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 1 Lime
- Elderflower Liqueur
- Place 6 mint leaves and 2 quarters of lime into glass.
- Grind lime and mint together.
- Add 2 ½ ounces of Rosé Piscine
- Add 1 ounce of Elderflower Liqueur
- Add ice, and shake well.
- Pour into wine glass, decorate with mint, and enjoy!
Cocktail: El Biembien
A bonfire in a glass, Ron Barceló’s fiery drink El Biembien uses Barceló Gran Platinum, Barceló Añejo, Barceló Imperial, lime juice, passion fruit, pineapple juice, syrup and velvet falernum to keep you energized as you dance to The Middle by Zedd, Marren Morris & Grey.
- 1 oz Ron Barceló Gran Platinum
- 1 oz Ron Barceló Anejo
- 1 oz Ron Barceló Imperial
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz passion fruit
- .5 oz pineapple juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- .5 oz Velvet Falernum
- Shake and strain into a tiki mug over crushed ice
- Garnish with a half lime inverted into a cup filled with a sugar cube soaked in overproof rum, light on fire and serve