While Ron Barceló has been around for 89 years, very few know what makes this extraordinary rum one of the leading brands globally. To help shed some light into the delicious world of Ron Barceló, here are six unique tidbits to keep in mind next time you’re sipping on the best rum.
- Ron Barceló was established in 1930 and continues to be the ONLY Dominican rum produced directly from sugarcane juice.
- It is the first rum in the world to reach the carbon neutral status based on the Bilan Carbone® License.
- 100% of the energy their production plant uses is generated through the biomass cogeneration boiler, which allows the distillery to be self-sustaining! Bagasse – a residual by-product obtained in the grinding phase – is turned to vapor, which turns the turbines and generates electricity used in the factories.
- Ron Barceló has a presence in more than 70 countries and is positioned as the fourth largest exporter of rum globally.
- The year-round production is almost 2.3 million cases.
- Ron Barceló uses ex-American Bourbon oak barrels with different degrees of toasting to age their rums. Ex-French Wine oak barrels are used during the Barceló Imperial Premium Blend 30th Anniversary aging process.
- It is the first Dominican rum to have its own cream – made with cream milk blended with Barceló Añejo.
- The rum was Kosher certified in 2014 by the most respected kosher supervising agency in the world – the OK Kosher Certification.