Do you love to binge watch your favorite shows on Netflix? We certainly love to skip the commercials and might be known to have caught up on seasons such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul thanks to binge watching on Netflix. What do you need besides the comfy couch, Netflix, a blanket and fuzzy socks??? A perfect cocktail to go with each show! Here are some binge worthy shows and some matching cocktails that are sure to make you never want to leave the couch this weekend!
Show: The Crown
Drink: High Tea
Give your Netflix binge a British touch with an elevated teatime experience. Created by Seaspice’s Attila Kocsis, this posh cocktail uses Earl Grey tea, cardamom infused Bombay Gin, simple syrup and lemon juice to create a smoothly refreshing zing – pinky lifting optional.
- Infuse Bombay Gin with Earl Grey Tea leaves and cardamom
- 1.5 oz infused Gin
- .75 oz of simple syrup
- .5 oz of fresh lemon juice
- Pour all ingredients in tin.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour in a cardamom -brown sugar rimmed martini glass garnished with a lemon twist.
Drink: Serial Drinker
Much like Sheila’s hunger for blood, Ron Barceló’s Serial Drinker will leave your taste buds craving more. No blood needed, just combine Ron Barceló Añejo infused with Cheerios, honey syrup and chocolate bitters to keep the thirst at bay.
- 2 oz Cheerio Infused Ron Barceló Gran Añejo
- 1/4 honey syrup
- 2 Dashes of Chocolate Bitters
- Served in Coupe Glass
- Garnish: Dry Cheerios on Skewer
- Pour the bottle of rum out on a container and add 2 cups of Cheerios. Let it sit for 1 day and strain back into the bottle.
- Pour 2 oz of cheerio infused Ron Barceló Gran Añejo, 1/4 honey syrup and 2 dashes of chocolate bitters in shaker. Shake vigorously and strain in coupe glass. Garnish with dry cheerios skewer.
Drink: Stormy Daze
Follow Saul and his gang as they deal with drug trafficking, schemes, and all around illegality with a strong, smooth sip on hand. Whip up Ron Barceló’s Stormy Daze, whichtakes the taste buds in a whirlwind adventure, featuring a combination of Ron Barceló Añejo, lime juice and ginger beer resulting in a fresh and zingy finish.
- 1.5 oz Barceló Añejo
- .5 lime juice
- Top off with ginger beer and garnish
- Served in Collins Glass
- Garnish: Lime wheel
- Add all ingredients in shaker and shake vigorously. Pour over crushed ice. Garnish with a lime wheel
Drink: Blackberry “Tea-Pea”
Created by Darwish Iregui, bar director at Miami’s cocktail lounge No. 3 Social, the cocktail features sweet-meets-tarte notes as it infuses blackberries with Bombay Sapphire Gin, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, Butterfly Pea Tea, lime juice, simple syrup and aquafaba. The perfect cocktail for some of the action packed bittersweet scenes on Money Heist.
- 4 Blackberries
- 1.5 oz. Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 1 oz. St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
- .75 oz. Butterfly Pea Tea
- .5 oz. Lime juice
- .5 oz. Simple syrup
- .75 oz. Aquafaba or egg whites (for foam)
- Muddle blackberries and then add the rest of the ingredients. Dry shake and pour into a coupe. Garnish with a dehydrated butterfly pea flower.
Drink: The Myth
To aid your binging of an enchanting series, Pao by Paul Qui – a restaurant known for its whimsical unicorn theme – shares its recipe for The Myth, a cocktail which fittingly comes out in a unicorn-shaped copper vessel at the restaurant. The majestic drink is made with Absolut Elyx, cherry heering, coco lopez, pineapple juice, ginger syrup, and lemon, topped with some club soda.
- 1.5 oz Absolut Elyx
- .5 oz Cherry Heering
- .5 oz Coco Lopez
- .5 oz Pineapple Juice
- .5 oz Ginger Syrup
- .75 oz Lemon
- Build in a shake tin and add one large scoop of crushed or pebble ice. Whip shake back and forth. Pour into Absolut Elyx Copper Unicorn and top with 2 oz of Club Soda.